Chewing gum has become one of the fastest growing environmental problems of the past decade.
- Retail parks, schools, colleges, shopping centeres and public spaces that cost millions to develop have been spoiled with discarded gum.
- Despite changes in the law and increased awareness of the problem, discarded chewing gum remains a problem in most pedestrian areas
It’s classification as litter means that Local Authorities have a legal responsibility to remove it, they have turned to specialist cleaning companies such as Envice Inc.
- Envice Inc. is almost unique in its ability to effectively and efficiently remove chewing gum from huge areas be it street paving, block paving or car park areas. When allied to a street cleansing program the result is stunning with all surfaces left looking spotless and as new.
- During the cleaning process, dry ice blasting lifts chewing gum away. Particles of dry ice propelled at high speed by compressed air, impact and remove unwanted contaminates. The particles of dry ice then sublimate, safely returning to the atmosphere in a natural state as carbon dioxide gas.
- The underlying surface is completely dry, undamaged and the waste is simply swept up.
Completely Environmentally Friendly
- In addition to being clean and safe, it is also important to remember that dry ice is obtained as a by product of other industrial processes – i.e. it is made from reclaimed CO2. It does not produce CO2 or add CO2 to the atmosphere and therefore does not contribute to the greenhouse effect. Dry ice blasting is truly, and completely, environmentally friendly.